Timur KULIBAYEV - president
Born on September 10th, 1966 in the city of Alma-Ata.
In 1983 he completed the Republican high school specializing in physics and mathematics.
In 1988 he graduated from Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov, department of national economy, with a degree of an economist.
He has a Ph.D. in Economics (1999). In 1999 he defended a PhD thesis on “Improvement of organizational-economic management mechanism of enterprises in conditions of market economy (oil/gas business)”.
He is an author of numerous publications and inventions.
- 1988-1990 – the Research Institute of Economic Planning and Standards under the State Planning Committee of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic.
- 1990-1992 – director of the Research and Consultative Center under the Fund for Cultural, Social and Technological Development in Kazakhstan.
- 1992-1995 – head of “Altyn-Alma” Concern.
- 1995-1997 – chairman of the Supervisory Board, a member of Credit Committee of Alma-Ata Merchandise and Financial Bank.
- 1997 – chief executive of the Directorate for Project Assessment and Negotiating under the State Investment Committee of Kazakhstan (equal to Deputy-Chairman).
- 1997-1999 – vice-president for Economy and Finance of CJSC National Oil and Gas Company “Kazakhoil”.
- 1999-2001 – president of CJSC National Company for Oil Transportation “KazTransOil”.
- 2001-2002 – general director of CJSC National Company “Oil and Gas Transportation” (a merger of “KazTransOil” and “KazTransGas” companies).
- 2002-2005 – first Vice-President of JSC NC “KazMunayGas”, formed as a merger of CJSC NC “KazakhOil” and CJSC NC “Oil and Gas Transportation”.
- 2005-2013 – non-staff Adviser to the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- 2006-2007 – vice-Chairman of the Management Board of JSC “Kazakhstan Holding Company for State Asset Management “Samruk”.
- 2008-2011 – vice-chairman of the Management Board of JSC “Fund of National Welfare “Samruk-Kazyna”.
- 2011 – chairman of the Management Board of JSC “Fund of National Welfare “Samruk-Kazyna”, a member of its Board of Directors.
- 2011–2014 – chairman of the Presidium of National Chamber of Economy of Kazakhstan “Atameken Union”
- Since November, 2005 – presently, the head of the Kazakhstan oil and gas and energy organizations complex Association «KazEnergy».
- Since September, 2013 – presently, chairman of the Presidium of National Camber of Entrepreneurs of RoK.
- Since 2004 – presently, honorary member of the Council of Federation of the Republican Public Association “National Federation of Golf of RoK”.
- Since 2009 – presently, president of Kazakhstan Boxing Federation.
- 2010-2015 – a member of the Executive Committee of the National Olympic Committee of RoK.
- Since 2011 – presently, chairman of the Board of Trustees of “Arystan” specialized lyceum (Talgar town);
- Since 2012 – presently, vice-president, a member of the Executive Committee of International Boxing Association (AIBA).
- Since 2012 – presently, chairman of Kazakhstan Confederation of Martial Arts and Power Sports.
- Since 2014 – presently, a member of the Association of National Olympic Committees.
- Since 2015 – presently, president of the National Olympic Committee of RoK, chairman of the Executive Committee of NOC of RoK.
- Since April, 2016 – presently, vice-president of the Olympic Council of Asia.
International and Foreign organizations:
- Since 2008 – presently, chairman of Kazakhstan National Committee of World Petroleum Council.
- 2010-2014 - co-chairman of Kazakhstan-German Business Council for Strategic Cooperation.
- Since 2011 – presently, member of the Board of Directors of PJSC “Gazprom”.
Board of Directors Memberships in Kazakhstan companies:
- 2006-2007; 2008-2011 – chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC “Kazakhstan Company for Power Grid Management” (KEGOK);
- 2006-2007; 2009-2012 – chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC “National Company “KazMunayGas”;
- 2008-2012 – chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC “National Nuclear Company “KazAtomProm”;
- 2009-2011 – chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC “Samruk-Energo”;
- 2009-2011 – chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC “National Company “Kazakhstan Temir Zholy”;
- 2011 – a member of the Board of Directors of JSC “Fund of National Welfare “Samruk-Kazyna”.
Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
- «Kurmet» order (2001)
- «Barys» order of 3-d degree (2009)
- «Barys» order of 1-t degree (2014)
- Jubilee medal «The 10-th Anniversary of Kazakhstan Constitution» (2005)
- Jubilee medal «The 10-th Anniversary of Astana» (2008)
- Jubilee medal «The 20-th Anniversary of Independence of RoK» (2011)
- “Druzhba” order of the Russian Federation (2007)
- Russian Council of Islamic Leaders (Imams) “Al -Fahr” order (2010 and 2016)
- Order of the Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, 2nd degree (2010)
- "Honorary railway man" Medal (2011)
- He speaks the Kazakh, Russian and English languages.
- His hobbies are golf, Alpine skiing and football.
- He is married (his spouse – Dinara Nursultanovna Nazarbayeva, born in 1967) and has three children (a son - 1990, and two daughters – born in 2004 and 2010).